YMI Superbike Race Two Results
Having recovered from race one, we set our sights on race two and hoped for a great race and an incident free race two, but this was not what eventuated.
Race two saw #17 Troy Herfoss lead, but # 47 Wayne Maxwell would take the ascendency on lap two and lead the race but on lap three the race was red flagged when #27 Jamie Stauffer Slid his Ducati into the tyre wall on turn two and #30 Mark Chiodo Crashed his Suzuki and was not allowed to restart..
Race restarted but reduced to 14 laps - On lap one another red flag as #78 Nathan Spiteri crashed his Suzuki on turn seven and required medical attention.
Upon the third restart, the race would be reduced to 12 laps and Bayliss would lead from Maxwell and Waters.
Maxwell made his move on lap three and would be looking to avenge his crash in race one. In the meantime, Herfoss was content in fourth, holding the championship points advantage he needed to secure the championship.
Maxwell crossed the line to win the race, Herfoss had scored enough points to secure the 2018 YMI Superbike Championship!
Overall Race top ten Placings were -
1. Wayne MAXWELL (Yamaha Racing Team, Yamaha YZF-R1)
2. Josh WATERS (Team Suzuki ECSTAR, Suzuki GSX-R1000R)
3. Troy BAYLISS (Desmosport Ducati, Ducati Final Edition)
4. Bryan STARING (Kawasaki BCperformance, Kawasaki ZX-10R)
5. Troy HERFOSS (Penrite Honda Racing, Honda CBR1000RRSP)
6. Daniel FALZON (Yamaha Racing Team, Yamaha YZF-R1)
7. Arthur SISSIS (SA Demolition & Salvage, Honda CBR1000RRSP)
8. Kyle BUCKLEY (Kawasaki BCperformance, Kawasaki ZX-10R)
9. Mitch REES (Carl Cox M-sport, Honda CBR1000RRSP)
10. Glenn SCOTT (GSR Kawasaki, Kawasaki ZX-10R)